Part of an occasional series of ramblings.
When you get to my age, well actually since I can remember, I have always been a sucker for a great punchline but never been able to remember the joke – the art of joke telling has passed me by.
So I thought I would unveil the 10 funniest punchlines (in my opinion) I have had the pleasure to come across for your delectation. If you know any of the associated jokes there is a bottle of champagne for anyone who can send in the correct narrative.
So here we go – eyes down pop pickers
- There’s no need to blow on them sonny they’re not hot
- There’s not a lot I can do for Acker Bilk
- Never mind about your land rover, where’s my horse and cart
- I don’t know what it was but it needed ironing
- But don’t hit me on the nose quite so hard
- I’m not cutting mine in half for anybody
- Got any bread – got any nails
- You liar we ain’t got a garden
- Aye its a rock cake
- And Billy Bonds still plays for West Ham United
Nice bottle of bubbly for any correct answers.